Important Operations Announcement
ThyssenKrupp Access recently announced changes to its U.S. operations—changes that will fundamentally impact your role as a ThyssenKrupp Access dealer. Starting August 22, 2012, manufacturing of ThyssenKrupp Access products will be phased out during the next 60–90 days, with administration and other corporate services concluding by the end of 2012.
These changes were brought about by a combination of slow economy, sluggish sales, and lingering manufacturing issues.
Understandably, the question likely on your mind is: What will this mean for my business?
We've worked to develop a strategy to assist our dealers with the phase-out and will keep you informed of any developments over the coming months. What the changes mean for you immediately include the following:
- ThyssenKrupp Access will continue to manufacture and deliver on current and backlogged orders for the next several months.
- We strongly urge you to get your final orders in by August 23, 2012 so that we may manage our backlog and have adequate staffing accordingly.
- Understandably lead times may fluctuate due to this difficult announcement.
- We will continue to honor warranty and parts commitments associated with all accepted orders and are currently identifying the best solution to administer this going forward.
- As it becomes available, additional information will come directly from ThyssenKrupp Access or through your Regional Sales Manager, including instructions regarding payment for current and backlogged orders and new accepted orders and your discontinuation of use of ThyssenKrupp Access’s sales literature and promotional materials.
Finally, let us thank you for your efforts in representing the ThyssenKrupp Access brand. While the closure is unfortunate, indeed, we cannot overstate the value you and other dealers brought—and continue to bring—to our company and your customers.
Please feel free to contact your Regional Sales Manager with any specific questions, or you may contact either of us directly at (816) 767-5422. We will continue to serve you as best we can through the closure.
Jurrien van den Akker
President and Director of the Americas
VP of Sales and Marketing